In the last six years the Plain Local Schools Foundation and Alumni Association have provided over $100,000 in “Star Grants” to various staff throughout Plain Local for programming that was outside of the district’s normal operating budget.
Grants have included support for:
- STEM programming at Oakwood Middle School and GlenOak High School
- Homework support both after-school in district buildings, as well as in several community centers
- International Book Sharing program where Plain Local students connect with other students worldwide in a Holocaust book share project
- STEAM programming at Glenwood Intermediate School
- District K-6 arts initiatives where students are exposed to various arts experiences in our community and arts professionals work in our buildings directly with our students
- Various literacy intervention and enrichment programs such as Raz Kids, Wilson Just Words, literacy growth measurement programs, and more
- Capital equipment for the stage, technology and athletics
- Staff professional development programs
- Elementary science and math programming
- Support of students with learning disabilities or multiple handicaps with after-school programs, sensory room equipment, life-skills learning projects, and more
Support of these programs by the Foundation is just the beginning to providing exceptional experiences for all 6,000 students of Plain Local. The mission of the Foundation could never be achieved without your support. To be part of the legacy that is Plain Local, donate now!